Category Archives: Love
Sunitha Krishnan has dedicated her life to rescuing women and children from sex slavery, a multimillion-dollar global market. In this courageous talk, she tells three powerful stories, as well as her own, and calls for a more humane approach to helping these young victims rebuild their lives.
Why you should listen to her:
Each year, some two million women and children, many younger than 10 years old, are bought and sold around the globe. Impassioned by the silence surrounding the sex-trafficking epidemic, Sunitha Krishnan co-founded Prajwala, or “eternal flame,” a group in Hyderabad that rescues women from brothels and educates their children to prevent second-generation prostitution. Prajwala runs 17 schools throughout Hyderabad for 5,000 children and has rescued more than 2,500 women from prostitution, 1,500 of whom Krishnan personally liberated. At its Asha Niketan center, Prajwala helps young victims prepare for a self-sufficient future.
Krishnan has sparked India’s anti-trafficking movement by coordinating government, corporations and NGOs. She forged NGO-corporate partnerships with companies like Amul India, Taj Group of Hotels and Heritage Hospitals to find jobs for rehabilitated women. In collaboration with UN agencies and other NGOs, she established printing and furniture shops that have rehabilitated some 300 survivors. Krishnan works closely with the government to define anti-trafficking policy, and her recommendations for rehabilitating sex victims have been passed into state legislation.
“The sense that thousands and millions of children and young people are being sexually violated and that there’s this huge silence about it around me angers me.”
Well here are a few reasons that girls like guys!!!
1. The way they always wear their favorite cologne (which happens to be the one that you bought them for their birthday).
2. The way the run their hands through out hair.
3. The way that they look at you and you want to die right then and there.
4. The way that they casually put their arms around you.
5. The way that they kiss away your tears.
6. …and the way that they then get mad at how they can’t make your problem go away.
7. The way they show off around their friends, even though you both know that you would love them even if they missed a basket or two.
8. How there eyes light up at the result of 3 hours of preparing for your date.
9. How they always know just what to say to make you blush.
10. How they sometimes think that they know just what to say to make you feel better, even if you think that it is the worst thing that they could say.
11. The way they hold you close when you are cold.
12. How they look at you when your mad at them and all your anger melts away.
13. How they always smile when you are together.
14. The way that they always let you win any game that you play together.
15. … and then when you point that out to them they pretend to not know what you are talking about
16. The way that they smile at you.
17. The way that you feel when they call to apologize after you had a big fight.
18. The way that they say I love you.
19. The way that they say I love you in front of their friends.
20. The way that they touch and hold you so gently, like they are afraid that they will break you.
21. The way that they kiss you.
22. The way that they open their arms to you when you are crying.
23. The way that they never admit that you hurt them.
24. The way that they try not to cry when they are afraid that they are losing you.
25. The way that they think that they are your big protector, even though you think that you are theirs.
26. The way that they say I miss you, even though they hate to admit it.
27. The way that you miss everything about them when they are gone.
28. The way that they remember your special moments, or aniversaries when you think that they forgot.
29. The way that they apologize when they do forget.
30. The way that they comfort you when you have a bad day.
31. The way that you can’t wait to get home and tell them all about your day.
32. The way that they write you love letters even if they think that it is uncool.
33. How they would rather be with you then their friends sometime.
34. How you want to hug them even though they are all sweaty.
35. Yet regardless if you love them, hate them, wish they would die or know that you would die without them… it matters not. Because once in your life, whatever they were to the world they become everything to you. When you look them in the eyes, traveling to the depths of their souls and you say a million things without a trace of sound, you know that your own life is inevitabley comsumed within the rhythimic beatings of his heart. We love them for a million reasons, No paper would do it justice. It is a thing a feeling, that is only felt.
WELL here’s a few reasons why guys like girls!!!
1. They will always smell good even if its just shampoo.
2. The way their heads always find the right spot on our shoulder.
3. How cute they look when they sleep.
4. the ease in which they fit into our arms.
5. the way they kiss you and all of a sudden everything is right in the world.
6. How cute they are when they eat.
7. The way they take hours to get dressed but in the end it makes it all worth
8. because they are always warm even when its minus 30 out side.
9. the way they look good no matter what they wear.
10. the way they fish for compliments even though you both know that you think she’s the most beautiful thing on this earth.
11. How cute they are when they argue.
12. the way her hand always finds yours.
13. the way they smile.
14. the way you feel when you see their name on the call ID after you just had a big fight
15. the way she says “lets not fight anymore” even though you know that an hour later….
16. the way they kiss when you do something nice for them.
17. The way they kiss you when you say “I love you’.
18. actually… just the way they kiss you…
19. the way they fall into your arms when they cry.
20. then the way they apologize for crying over something that silly.
21. The way they hit you and expect it to hurt.
22. then the way apologize when it does hurt ..(even though we don’t admit it!).
23. the way they say “I miss you”.
24. the way you miss them.
25. the way their tears make you want to change the world so that it doesn’t hurt her anymore…..Yet regardless if you love them, hate them, wish they would die or know that you would die without them… it matters not. Because once in your life, whatever they were to the world they become everything to you. When you look them in the eyes, traveling to the depths of their souls and you say a million things without trace of a sound, you know that your own life is inevitable consumed within the rhythmic beatings of her very heart. We love them for a million reasons, No paper would do it justice. It is a thing not of the mind but of the heart. A feeling. Only felt.
A kindergarten teacher has decided to let her class play a game. The teacher told each child in the class to bring along a plastic bag containing a few potatoes. Each potato will be given a name of a person that the child hates, so the number of potatoes that a child will put in his/her plastic bag will depend on the number of people he/she hates.
So when the day came, every child brought some potatoes with the name of the people he/she hated. Some had 2 potatoes; some 3 while
some up to 5 potatoes.
The teacher then told the children to carry with them the potatoes in the plastic bag wherever they go for 1 week.
Find a guy who calls you beautiful instead of hot…
…who calls you back when you hang up on him…
…who will stay awake just to watch you sleep…
…wait for the guy who kisses your forehead…
…who wants to show you off to the world when you are in your sweats…
..who holds your hand in front of his friends…
…wait for the one who is constantly reminding you of how much he cares about you and how lucky he is to have you…
…wait for the one who turns to his friends and says, “…that’s her, or that’s him”…
> I once had a friend who grew to be very close to me.
> Once when we were
> sitting at the edge of a swimming pool, she filled
> the palm of her hand with
> some water and held it before me, and said this:
> “You see this water carefully contained on my hand?
> It symbolizes Love.”
> This was how I saw it: As long as you keep your hand
> caringly open and allow
> it to remain there, it will always be there.
> However, if you attempt to
> close your fingers round it and try to posses it, it
> will spill through the
> first cracks it finds.
> This is the greatest mistake that people do when
> they meet love…they try
> to posses it, they demand, they expect… and just
> like the water spilling
> out of your hand, love will retrieve from you .
> For love is meant to be free, you cannot change its
> nature. If there are
> people you love, allow them to be free beings.
> Give and don’t expect.
> Advise, but don’t order.
> Ask, but never demand.
> It might sound simple, but it is a lesson that may
> take a lifetime to truly
> practice. It is the secret to true love. To truly
> practice it, you must
> sincerely feel no expectations from those who you
> love, and yet an
> unconditional caring.”
> Passing thought… Life is not measured by the
> number of breaths we take;
> but by the moments that take our breath away…..
> Life is beautiful ! Live it !
DURING SOME POINT OF THE JOURNEY
THEY HAD AN ARGUMENT
AND ONE FRIEND
SLAPPED THE OTHER ONE
IN THE FACE.
THE ONE WHO GOT SLAPPED
WAS HURT, BUT WITHOUT
WROTE IN THE SAND:
TODAY MY BEST FRIEND
SLAPPED ME IN THE FACE.
THEY KEPT ON WALKING,
UNTIL THEY FOUND AN OASIS,
WHERE THEY DECIDED
TO TAKE A BATH .
THE ONE WHO HAD BEEN
SLAPPED GOT STUCK IN THE
MIRE AND STARTED DROWNING,
BUT THE FRIEND SAVED HIM.
AFTER HE RECOVERED FROM
THE NEAR DROWNING,
HE WROTE ON A STONE:
TODAY MY BEST FRIEND
SAVED MY LIFE.
THE FRIEND WHO HAD SLAPPED
AND SAVED HIS BEST FRIEND
ASKED HIM, “AFTER I HURT YOU,
YOU WROTE IN THE SAND AND NOW,
YOU WRITE ON A STONE, WHY?”
THE OTHER FRIEND REPLIED
“WHEN SOMEONE HURTS US
WE SHOULD WRITE IT DOWN
IN SAND WHERE WINDS OF
FORGIVENESS CAN ERASE IT AWAY.
BUT, WHEN SOMEONE DOES
SOMETHING GOOD FOR US,
WE MUST ENGRAVE IT IN STONE
WHERE NO WIND
CAN EVER ERASE IT.”
LEARN TO WRITE
YOUR HURTS IN
THE SAND AND TO
BENEFITS IN STONE.
IT TAKES A MINUTE TO FIND A SPECIAL PERSON,
AN HOUR TO APPRECIATE THEM,
A DAY TO LOVE THEM,
BUT THEN AN ENTIRE LIFE TO FORGET THEM.
SEND THIS PHRASE TO
THE PEOPLE YOU’LL NEVER
IF YOU DON’T
SEND IT TO ANYONE,
IT MEANS YOU’RE IN A
HURRY AND THAT YOU’VE
FORGOTTEN YOUR FRIENDS.
TAKE THE TIME TO LIVE!
With Loads of Luv to All
Bharath Reddy Punuru